Without a doubt our overall best selling rod. And for good reason! This is our favorite rod in the $200-$350 price range and we honestly like it more than half of the $500 rods we sell. It might not be the lightest rod but it is certainly one of the best casting! Several of our guides use this rod on charters and it is a personal favorite of everyone on staff at the shop. This is a faster rod but it has a softer tip giving it a wonderful action for sight fishing in salt water. If you are looking for the best rod on a budget or if you are in need of a great backup rod that wont break the bank this is absolutely the rod to buy. Come and cast one if you don’t believe us! They also offer this rod in a 7’10” version that is one of Capt. Scotty D’s favorite rods in his arsenal! The short 8wt lighter and crazy accurate close up which makes it perfect for fishing flood tides but in no way limits practical fishing distances. We find the whole series of rods pairs well with heavier quick shooter type fly lines such as Rio Redfish. All rods also come in a case and carry a lifetime warranty.
From the Redington website:
The Predator series is the ultimate saltwater fly rod for anglers in search of a fast action rod to deliver large flies in tough conditions.
- Salt water/Big game, fast action rod
- Red.Core construction, 54 and 42 million modulus, for added strength and durability
- Carbon fiber weave in butt section and at ferrules for improved strength
- 3 fighting butt sizes to best match rod weight and application. 12 and 14 weights include fore grip
- Anodized machined aluminum reel seat, ideal for all saltwater applications
- Durable oversized guides with titanium oxide ring to increase shooting line distance
- Machined hidden hook keepers at reel seat
- Alignment dots for easy rod setup
- High quality black suede bag
- Lifetime warranty